Elder Scrolls Skills
In the Elder Scrolls system, skills act as a way of categorizing both powers and features. Powers and features are both referred to as talents. Most talents have a set of prerequisites and a cost associated with them Talents with no cost are acquired automatically when the prerequisites are met. If there are also no prerequisites, they are gained automatically.
- Duelist – Used when attacking using one or two one-handed melee weapon and no shield.
- Knight – Used when attacking using a single melee weapons and a shield.
- Berserker – Used when attacking using a two handed sword, axe, flail or maul.
- Soldier – Used when attacking using a polearm or spear.
- Athletics – Used when trying defend against attacks.
- Smithing – Used to create equipment and keep it in its best condition.
- Sneak – Used when you’re trying to avoid notice.
- Security – Used to bypass traps and locks.
- Speechcraft – Used when dealing with other people.
- Marksmanship – Used to shoot arrows and hit with thrown weapons.
- Assassin – Used to protect yourself while wearing light armor.
- Alchemy – Used to create poisons and potions out of natural ingredients.
- Destruction – Used to freeze, fry or shock opponents.
- Restoration – Used to heal, fortify and absorb strength, energy, and vitality.
- Conjuration – Used to summon and control daedra, elementals, and the undead.
- Illusion – Used to trick the mind and senses.
- Alteration – Used to change the laws of physics.
- Enchantment – Used to imbue objects with magic.